Types of Orthopedic Implants
Orthopedic Implants is a bounty to someone who has met with some horrible tragedy in his lifetime. It does not create a life but gives meaning to someone's life who feels his life might be spoiled because of some horrible accident. Orthopedic Implants are made of very strong anti-corrosive and resistive materials. Most of them are made from stainless steel and titanium for providing high safety and strength. Titanium Orthopedic Implants are strong and anti-corrosive, same for the Stainless Steel Orthopedic Implants. Orthopedic Trauma Implants are another type of implants used for replacement or support a lost joint or a damaged bone. They fixate the fractured bones while allowing them to heal. There are 3 most important types of Orthopedic Implants:
1) Screws - Looks identical to normal screws which you can get in any hardware store. It can have either a flat head or Phillips head. Screws are used to repair fractured bones or restore stability in weak area.
2) Plates- Orthopedic Plates designed firstly to treat long bone fractures in 1886. These remain one of the most successful treatments for fractures, reconstruction and stability. An effective orthopedic plates should be of appropriate width and thickness for the given bone. It must neutralize all forces acting on the fracture. These are of 5 types -
- Buttress Plates which are used to hold together fractures at the end of long bones specially at knee and ankle
- Neutralization Plate which is used to span the fractured area to stabilize it.
- Bridging Plates are used to stabilize area while providing length and alignment.
- Wires are used to secure area while it heals.
- Compression Plates are used to repair a bone by using dynamic pressure.
3) Prosthesis- Prosthetic Implants are used to replace missing joints or bones to provide supports to damaged bones. These are mostly used for knees and hips allowing patients to regain motion and movement. In some cases, the prosthetic material can be combined with healthy bone to replace diseased or damaged bone, or prostheses can replace certain parts of a joint bone entirely.
We at GWS serve all the three kind of orthopedic implants. We have our own manufacturing lot producing a wide variety of orthopedic implants. All of our products undergoes wide test before reaching the clients making us one of the most reputed orthopedic implants manufacturer. GWS is one of the largest orthopedic Implants manufacturers in India.